Chairman’s Centenary Fund
This one-off grant fund has been established by the Chairman of West Dorset District Council to support projects and events to commemorate the anniversary of the ending of the First World War.
A total budget of £10,000 has been set aside for this Fund and the scheme is likely to be oversubscribed.
Who can apply?
- Town and parish councils.
- Constituted community groups or charitable organisations.
How much funding is available?
- The total budget for the Fund is £10,000.
- The minimum grant that can be applied for is £250 and the maximum grant is £500.
- Only one grant can be awarded per organisation or project.
- Applicants are encouraged to raise partnership funding although this is not essential.
What is eligible for funding?
- Only events or projects that take place within the West Dorset district will be funded.
- Projects/events that are part of the curricular activity in schools are not eligible for funding.
How does the application process work?
- Complete the application form here – Chairman’s Centenary Fund – Application Form and send it to the district council’s Leisure & Tourism team – either by post or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline for applications is 11th June 2018.
- Applications will be assessed and applicants notified of the council’s decision by 13th July 2018.
- All applicants will be notified of the decision by email.
What happens if the grant is approved?
- Applicants will be notified of the decision.
- Grants are usually claimed after the project or event has taken place.
- Copies of receipts or invoices showing expenditure incurred need to be sent when claiming the grant.
- The support of West Dorset District Council for your project (if a grant is awarded) should be acknowledged in any publicity or information about your project.