News from Broadwindsor and District Horticultural Society:
Friday 20 March 7.30pm, Talk by Neil Lovesey of Picket Lane Nursery, at the Comrades Hall: 12 Months of Colour, explaining how you can use the tricks of the trade for flowers to deliver the very best of colours throughout the year. Entry is £2 for BDHS members and £3 for non-members.
Saturday 25 April 10.30am, Coffee morning at the Comrades Hall, £1 entry including coffee and biscuits. Plant, Cake, Bric-a-brak and Book stalls, along with Raffle.
Bank Holiday Monday 31 August, Annual Show date, opens to the public from 2pm.
Full schedules will be available from June, but to give you a little more time to get your cameras out, here are the photography classes:
Spring – Trains – Leisure – Trees – Sunset – Cobwebs – Climbers – Rivers
We are still looking for a Show Secretary to support in the run up to and on the show day. If you would be interested in this role, please call Angela on 868596, or Ellen on 868668.
Results from 2014 Show
Fantastic day with record breaking entries and exhibitors filling the hall to bursting point. Great support for the children’s classes, along with the plates and handwritten poems from the school classes. WI provided incredible support with teas and cakes served upstairs and downstairs, as we adapted to the wet weather on the show a day.
2014 cup winners were:
- Comrades Hall Cup :Val Lawrence
- Three Challenge Cups: 1 Norman Eccles; 2 June Ruffle; 3 Val Lawrence/Carol Archer
- Bennett Cup: Chrissy Clare
- Jim Crabb Trophy: Val Lawrence
- Reg Hansford Trophy: Mrs C Corson
- Doug Creed Trophy: Aileen Bishop
- Floral Challenge: Ann Slee
- Leonard Studley: Angela Frampton
- Jubilee Photographic: John Carmichael
- Photographic Trophy: Robin Loudon
- W.I. Challenge Cup: Val Lawrence
- Richard Thornburgh Chutney Challenge: Val Lawrence
- Wine Trophy: Val Lawrence
- Cordial Trophy: Janet Iveson
- Art Trophy: Donna Heys
- Handicraft Cup: Rosalie McLachlan
- Marquetry: Barry Julier
- Children’s Cup: Joshua Raymond